Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Year Ago Today

My Little Sister
I still miss you.
I miss the way you'd say whatever was on your mind no matter what.
I miss the way you used to laugh till your face turned purple, so unladylike.
I miss the way you held my hand so tightly when you were a little girl.
I miss watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer with you, even knowing you would drive me crazy by reciting lines along with the actors.
I miss the way your face would light up when you talked about your daughter, all freckles and red hair, just like you.
I miss eating macaroni and cheese with you--the ultimate comfort food--and talking about boys. I miss shopping with you at the mall.
I even miss fighting with you. I'd give anything even for another fight.
I miss you.


5 comments:

Faith said...

Thanks. Just what I needed today--more tears. but seriously, thank you. I miss her too. And I LOVE this picture. I'm stealing it for my blog. I love you!

Clover Autrey said...

I'm thinking of you guys. So sorry you have to grieve, but you have to.. Sending all my love.

Sam said...

{{{{HUGZ}}}}

Sam said...

I wrote this for my best friend when her grandmother passed, I thought I'd share it with you -

Shed A Tear

Hush.
Listen.
Quietly.
Closely.
Do you hear it?
On the breeze?
In the sigh of the earth?
That’s the voice
Of one not with us.
Gone from our sides,
But not our hearts.
Where they have gone
One day we will follow,
But for now
Shed a tear
In sadness for our loss,
And another in joy
For their gain.
And remember,
Always remember,
That their love
Will be ours forever.

Izzybella said...

Clover and Sam-thanks so much for your kind thoughts. It wasn't such a bad day, though. We got to remember many, many good funny times.

And, Sam, thank you so much for posting your poem. It's beautiful!