Friday, January 5, 2007

TGIF

They really make you pay for all that time off, don't they??? It's been a crazy week, much busier than usual, compounded by the fact that yesterday was the second time in less than 30 days that we've mysteriously lost data from our database. Help Desk is tremendously unhelpful as usual. I miss my old job sometimes where I could flirt the tech-guy into actually helping. There was mocking too, on account of my profound lack of technological skills, but there was always helping. The school (my current job) is so big that we have to call a central help line first. No good flirting there, unless I want to try my hand at phone sex, and somehow I think that would be frowned upon. Not to mention that I'd have virtually no idea what to say in that particular scenario. I'm a phone sex virgin and I feel okay about that. That might possibly have been too much information. Sorry about that.

Busy weekend ahead. Chaucerian Girl has enlisted my help in tearing down the current decoration scheme in her kitchen. Yes! Destruction. Me like destroy things. Her current scheme is very cute. Super cute. By that I mean icky. She was emotionally/mentally in a different place when she selected the current design--she's about 180 degrees opposite now, and I know she'll be glad to have something different she can live with. I owe her on account of how she spent so much time in December forcing me, I mean helping me, to pack and move. I loathe moving. Incidentally, so does she, hence the big owing.

A friend was telling me today that he'd made a New Year's resolution to read the meat of the newspaper before reading the comics. I get it, I do, and I'm genuinely not judging his New Year's resolutions (that would be hypocritical because I refused to make any of my own this year), but I say life is short. Read the comics first, then the rest of it. In fact, I further recommend that on Fridays, when all the movie reviews are out, that you read only the movie reviews, the comics, your horrible-scope, the Lifestyles section, and Anne Landers, and leave the rest for later, or not at all. Starts the weekend off nice. And speaking of, I really kind of want to see Miss Potter. Probably not this weekend though because I will busy with the aforementioned destruction. Good fun.

Okay, I'm out of here. Want to check in on my blog buddies before I log off. Have a GREAT weekend!

No comments: