Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Even my avatar...

See my avatar to the left all geared up in the rock-n-roll ensemble with the screaming fans? Don't you think she looks kind of like the Sally Field Gidget trying to be cool? That is a problem. I can't look tough and bad-ass. I've tried. Once, in the tenth grade, I got a bit part in one of those educational films they show kids in high school to scare them straight. I had a little blue dye in the hair, a low-cut top, a too-tight skirt and slutty ankle boots. Did I look hardcore and slutty? No. I looked like a twelve year old trying on big-sister's clothes. CR, a fellow drama-dork, gave me a big hug and said that's why he loved me so much. Did not improve the mood. Sometimes a girl just wants to look bad-ass and scary. And save for an extended scene of CR, RB, and me walking along the railroad tracks like homeless little wayward orphans, they cut almost every scene I was in. All I got out of the experience was much mocking and that stupid "Signs, Signs, everywhere a sign" theme song I still know by heart. Oh, now I must share:

Signs! Signs! Everywhere a sign!
Stop, look, and listen to the SIGNS!
Go on the green light;
Stop on the red;
SLOW DOWN! There's a corner ahead!
Signs! Signs! Everywhere a sign!
Stop, look and listen to the--
SIGNS!

Oh, dear heaven, I heard that song in my sleep for months afterward. There was one scene where we were all dressed as various traffic signs and another actor got "lost" amongst the signs. Seriously. The sledge-hammer was so obvious, they considering putting it in costume too.

Yeah. Good times.

Okay, I'd better get back to work. Turns out co-worker will be gone all week, so I'm definitely not lacking for stuff to do. My in-box looks like one of those cartoon in-boxes that might topple over at any moment. Be good, kids!

No comments: