Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Stolen From My Sister: Item. One Meme.

My Roomate and I once: picked a bunch of lavender from a neighbor's yard in the middle of the night even though we knew the neighbor was a cranky-pants who would never in a million years voluntarily let us pick his lavender, hence the middle of the night excursion. It smelled so good though. We put it in a vase by our open window and slept really well the next three nights. Till it died. Then we stole some more.

Never in my life have I: taken an illegal substance (second-hand pot smoke does not count)

High school was: part nightmare, part fun. I wasn't popular exactly, but I knew and got along with everyone. Usual high-school traumas involving bad grades and unrequited love, but I lived for drama and my fellow drama-dorks.

When I am nervous: I talk too much. And too fast. I'm like a crazy talking machine who says stupid things and then obsesses over how stupid I'm acting.

My hair: hasn't been my natural color in about five years. Currently it's a light reddish brown, thanks to Aveda and a really good stylist.

When I was 5: I was in the first grade and I was really, really, really, quiet and painfully shy. I blushed any time I had to speak to anyone and I was so scared to ask my teacher for help that I wound up falling behind in my school work, thus beginning an endless cycle of flunking classes and making it up summer school. That continued all through high school until my senior year when I actually did pretty well in all my classes. I think all of my elementary and high school teachers would be surprised to find out that I graduated from college summa cum laude.

By this time next year: is there where I'm supposed to have a goal for next year? 'Cause really my goal is to make it through this one. One year at a time. Sheesh.

My favorite aunt is: Oh, I don't have a favorite aunt--I don't actually know any of my aunts all that well. Aunt Barbara is like super-woman. She can do anything and prefers to do three or four things at once. She has issues with sitting still. Aunt Wyann is nice, but I don't really know her well. I was blessed with many fine uncles though. So my favorite uncle is either Uncle Lee or Uncle Bill. Uncle Lee is always good for lots of fun, but Uncle Bill is the sort of uncle you can tell anything to and he'll still love you tons and tons.

I have a hard time understanding: math. I concur with Chauceriangirl. We took our math classes for college together. Neither of us would have passed if it hadn't been for her husband who spent many fine Saturday afternoons tutoring us.

You know I like you if: I'm willing to hug you. I'm really not a touchy-feely type of person, but I do hug my friends.

My ideal breakfast is: What Chauceriangirl said. Bacon, eggs, toast, and grits from Pitt Grill Fine Food. But you have to go eat breakfast BEFORE you shower, because you’ll stink from cigarette smoke and grease all day if you don’t shower after eating at Pitt Grill Fine Food.

If you visit my hometown: you'd be in Fort Worth, TX, which I consider home. But if you wanted to visit my birthplace, you'd be in Atlanta, GA. Have a mint julep and a very nice day.

If you spend the night at my house: you'd be woken up the next morning by two very large labrador retreivers who would kiss you and stick their noses right in your face. So if you don't like dogs, you should probably not stay overnight at my house.

My favorite blond is: my childhood friend, Ronnye.

My favorite brunette is: my sister.

The animal I would like to see flying is: a pegasus. What? They're cool.

I shouldn’t have been: so shy as a kid. I missed out on stuff because I was afraid someone would actually speak to me.

Last night: I worked late, went home and had dinner, and then read Harry Potter. I'm rereading in anticipation of book 7. I'm on Goblet of Fire now.

I’ve been told I look like: my Father.

If I could have any car it would be: an Escape hybrid. Then I can have the back of my truck to take my dogs places, but still get really good gas mileage.

No comments: