Tuesday, March 6, 2007

This Post Brought To You By The Letter 'B'

Another meme from ChaucerianGirl. In her own words:

Yes, it's another meme. But that's because I'm really busy and have been going back and forth between about 10 different things all at once. Amanda posted this today on her blog; it's one of those fun "get-to-know-you" memes that will probably teach you more about me than you all care to know, however it's fun for me to do! All I had to do was request a letter and once received, I tell you all 10 things I love that start with that letter. I was handed an "R," so here are my 10 items I just love, all beginning with R, in no particular order.

She gave me the letter 'B' even though she really wanted to give me the letter 'Q' or 'Z' all because I had the audacity to call her briefcase a briefcase. She think's it's a purse. You be the judge. It looks a little like this except it's black. I don't know what brand, but probably a good one, because she's a purse snob. Except in this case it's a briefcase. Or at least an attache. It's not a purse.

Oh yeah-10 things I love that start with the letter B.

1. Books. Yeah, I know ChaucerianGirl said reading and this could be construed as copying off her paper, but it's a very true thing. Our mother raised us to love books, much to the distress of anyone who's ever had to help any one of us move. I paid a mover last time, though, so he kept his comments to himself. Minus one little bitty, "Wow, you sure do like to read, don't you?" Yes. Yes, I do.

2. Baxter. He's my beautiful yellow lab. One of them anyway. I love Cydney bunches and bunches too, but her name begins with a C.

3. Being on stage. Dude, that was totally a cheat, but true.

4. Banana splits. I've only had a banana split once or twice in my life, but I really love them. I seriously doubt I could eat one all by myself right now, but when I was a little girl and I got my first one, I ate the whole thing. I was really little too and my dad didn't think I could do it. There's a whole story about the banana split with which I will not bore you.

5. Beach. I love the beach. I love the ocean. I love being on boats. Hey! Boats. A'nuther B word.

6. Ooh, and B-word made me think of bitches which made me think of bit-cahs. Two of my favorite people always get cranky when I tell them they're sweet. They say they're bitches/bit-cahs and who am I to argue. But if they really are bitches, then I must think bitches are pretty damn cool.

7. Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's a good television show. Why do I always feel like I have to defend myself every time I say I like it? Oh, yeah. 'Cause it's called Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

8. Bohemian Rhapsody. What? It's a good song. It's especially good when you're with your sister in the car on a road trip. Seriously.

9. Brainstorm. As in having a fabulous idea right when one is sorely needed.

10. Breakfast. Lately, anyway. I actually get up early enough to sit down and eat some breakfast over the morning paper with two truly adorable dogs sitting close by. That's pretty frakkin' close to perfect.

4 comments:

Faith said...

Those words in the opening paragraph aren't mine. They're Amanda's. I just changed the pertinent words to apply to my blog. :)

I knew you were going to put Buffy in there.

And we need to have a little discussion about the differences between handbags and briefcases, young lady! :)

Spin_Doc1 said...

I love Buffy too, at least the first few seasons. It was the best show.

Anonymous said...

dude, i LOVE buffy, particularly seasons five and seven. they are my favorite but they are all really good except i don't like four as much save for the hush episode. brilliant.

Izzybella said...

Faith-you are so right! We do need a discussion on the differences between handbags and briefcases, because you are clearly confused.

Spin-Yep, Buffy rules.

Jehara-I'm so with you. Season 4 has to be my least favorite of all seven seasons. And I am still annoyed that Whedon didn't receive an emmy for Hush. Or ever. Allow me to geek out even further and admit that I'm picking up the season 8 comic from Lone Star as soon as it's released. I'm so nerdy.