Wednesday, February 21, 2007

In Which Izzybella Procrastinates...Again

One of the requirements at my place of employment is that each staff member obtain 16 hours of continuing education every year. Usually, I have my continuing education units complete by around June, and that would have been the case this year, except that the two website design courses I'd signed up for were cancelled due to low enrollment. After that I just sort of put the training to the back burner figuring I'd get around to it eventually. Eventually arrived last week in the form of an email from my supervisor requesting my training documentation for the last fiscal year. I pulled my training folder out and my last training certificate was from 2005! So, in order to satisfy the training requirement, I will be spending all day Thursday and next Tuesday in the computer lab attending Access II and Access III. I expect to be bored. I actually know Access very well--I would have rather taken a course for a program I don't know, but the Access courses were all that was available before the March 1 deadline. Next year, I will be finishing the CEUs before summer's out. And why, oh why, do I always choose to learn things the hard way??? Does anyone else do that? I'm not talking about procrastination necessarily, just the tendency to, in spite of possessing at least a little common sense, royally muck something up at least once before actually doing it the right way. Gah!

4 comments:

Faith said...

Nah, I never do that. Nope. Uh-un. Not I.

Spin_Doc1 said...

Laziness pays off now.

Izzybella said...

Spin-doc-dude I just read this in my computer training class and laughed out loud. You totally got me in trouble!

Spin_Doc1 said...

I am glad I could help!