Monday, February 26, 2007

Book Meme

ChaucerianGirl tagged me, so I guess I'm it. P.S. This was HARD.

Character you'd most like to have over for tea? Amelia Peabody Emerson. Actually, I'd like to have the whole Emerson clan over for tea (spiked tea!) and then read Mrs. E's journal entry of the occasion to discover first-hand how she changed the event to suit her sense of decorum.

Character you'd most like to have as a sibling? Dy Brougham. See this trilogy by Pamela Aiden, Pride and Prejudice retold from the point of view of Mr. Darcy. Dy is a most excellent character who would be an awesome big brother.

Character you'd most like to be friends with? I'm entirely unoriginal, but I'd love to be friends with Elizabeth Bennett. She's witty, loyal, funny, and good-hearted.

Character you'd most like to have as a cousin? Stephanie Plum. What can I say? She's funny and she knows the value of shop-therapy and the efficacy of junk-food in dealing with broken hearts. 'Course if I was related to her, I'd also be related to her crazy, perverted cousin Vinnie. That would be gross.

Character you'd most like to have an adventure with? Fred and George Weasley. Seriously, they'd be fun. True, there would be more adventury-adventures with Harry Potter, but I'd be more likely to live through one with Fred and George.

Favorite quirky character? I must agree with ChaucerianGirl, who was agreeing with Erin. Luna Lovegood. Simply put, I admire the way she goes merrily about her own way without caring what others think. That takes a kind of courage that is quite rare in one so young.

Favorite love-to-hate character? Again, I'm being unoriginal and agreeing with ChaucerianGirl who agreed with Erin. Delores Jane Umbridge, Hogwarts High Inquisitor. She's such a nasty piece of work. I yelled at her while I was reading the book, for all the good it did.

Favorite bad guy? Snape, Snape, Snape. Although, I'm actually of the opinion that, like Harry, he's Dumbledore's man through and through. But I also think he genuinely hates Harry, and I love that. Honestly, I think Harry hates Snape as much Voldemort now. And why wouldn't he?

And the category ChaucerianGirl added:

Character to whom you've most often been compared? No one has ever compared me to a character in fiction that I know of. At least not to my face.

TAGGING TIME: I tag Spin_Doc. Just because.

2 comments:

Faith said...

You're right. It was a hard meme. I thought about it for quite some time.

Now you've got me wondering to which character I'd compare you. When you were younger, it would have been Ramona Quimby. But those days are past.

Lessee, you're spunky, very smart, hard-working, theatrical. I think you would be one of Noel Streatfeild's heroines, but I'm not sure which one. Definitely one of hers, though. Perhaps Margaret (was that her name?) from Thursday's Child.

Spin_Doc1 said...

I will get to it sometime today, I am not ignoring you.